Saturday, December 12, 2009
Rubber Ducky, You're The One...
...You make bath time lots of fun!
I don't remember ever noticing before just how much Ernie really molests that duck.
The positively delightful (and patient) Jamie at the Adult Toy Shoppe (adult sex toy store) sent me my own little duck. And it did make bath time a lot of fun...
And what thrills me more? I can leave it out all the time. It just looks kinda cute and whimsical in the shower - who would ever guess that it serves another function. (And if they do know, then hey - maybe they'll want to join me for some shower time fun!)
I've seen this toy before, and have always been interested to try it - as I do have a fondness for non-phallically shaped toys. And really, I could never quite figure out just how I would use it - without feeling all weird for de-flowering a duck that is.
So what is the "I Rub My Duckie" all about?
Here are the deets from the website:
- Not too big and not too small, fits comfortably in your hand and is made of smooth, and sensual non-toxic plastic-rubber like material.
- Requires two AA batteries. (Included) (**Can I say how awesome it is to actually have batteries included for once?!)
- Measures 3 inches wide, 5 inches long and 4.5 inches high from the head to the bottom. A screwdriver (not included) is required to open the door to insert the batteries.
- Obviously the toy is waterproof (duh!) and you turn it on just by pressing on it's back.
- There's no obvious switch. It come with one speed of vibration.
- Since it's made of rubber, it's very porous and doesn't clean well, but so far, mine still looks just fine.
- The cost is $21.99 at the Adult Sex Toy Shoppe site, which is cheaper than I've seen it in other places.
So what did I think of it?
Well, I was fascinated with the concept - just how DO you get yourself off with this thing? The packaging encourages use of the tail, the head and beak.
The head does give a different sensation (being rounder) than the tail and beak do.
The vibration is pretty strong, so I can definitely say that I felt no matter what part of the duck I was rubbing all over me.
Obviously this isn't the kind of toy that you would use for thrusting, I think the main purpose is for clit stimulation, and it gives a nice gentle massage as well.
Let's paint a little picture shall we?
I strip down and step into the hot, wet steamy shower. I'm slick and sudsy and touching myself all over. This morning, all I've been thinking about is Leopold, so really, it wouldn't take much to take me over the edge.
I squeeze my breasts and slip my fingers between my legs - who can tell if the heat and wetness is from anything other than the water pounding my naked flesh?
I grab the ducky and pinch it to make it quiver.
The naughty little bird slips its feathers into my nether regions.
It's tails runs over my tits.
It's head and beak nuzzle into my pink folds below.
And how do I feel?
The duck was nice. It had a nice vibration to it. And it does offer a few areas of stimulation. But it just didn't do much for me.
I don't know if the edges needed to be more pronounced, or if it needed a stronger vibe, or more options...
I'm not sure, but for me, it was just OK.
I would recommend it in a few circumstances:
1. As a discreet toy you don't have to hide.
2. If you like waterproof toys and want to have fun in the bath or shower.
3. If you are relatively new and/or shy about sex toys, and want something gentle and subtle to try out.
4. If you want to use it as a bit of foreplay with a partner in the shower before getting down to the real action.
I wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for an intense night of hard simulated fucking and screaming orgasm. I just don't think this toy could even come close.
Overall, it wasn't bad. I think the toy did exactly what it promises to do. But for me, I like something that has a bit more of a "Wow!" factor.
Duchess rating: 2.5 stars.