Friday, January 2, 2009

A Potential Second Suitor...

So I'm thinking about meeting someone new this weekend. As I've mentioned, I haven't quite sorted out the Administrative details of all this in my head.

I'm not sure how I feel about having more than one partner going on at the same time (please note, I do not mean simultaneously :P) This is not for any moralistic reason- more just for safety/health etc.

However, as much as I adore Bunny Ears, I've meet him twice in a month and a half and getting together with him is quite honestly a pain in the ass. I mean we're both single, and scheduling a time to get together? Much more effort than it's worth. Especially since it's not like we need to spend more than a couple of hours together.

So, I'm thinking about meeting #2 this weekend. Let's call him "Link." (Due to a combination of reasons involving his profile name). Link is the one who said that it was cool if I wasn't interested, and that I should write erotica.

We've exchanged a few naughty emails, and he's quite a good writer himself. Very detailed. Perhaps I'll post some of it on here soon.

The one thing that I find hilarious though is that he comments on my writing in a rather specific way. He told me that in one part I gave a "good visual." I am dying to know if he's an English teacher of some sort.

I am still apprehensive about these meetings though. Generally on a date I worry about things like whether or not they'll find me cute/interesting/intelligent.

On these "dates" I'm more concerned about whether or not there's an attraction, but even more importantly- how these men are feeling about these kinds of meetings. I.e are they going to be misogynistic assholes who are going to act like I'm a whore because of how we met? Now being treated like whore in the bedroom = good. Being treated like whore out in public because I'm owning my sexuality= not good and potentially scary.

But, the initial meeting must be done, and I have to remind myself that I am in control. And I have the choice to stay or go or decide to take things further.

So far, Link has been as gentlemanly as I would like, as well as naughty as I would like too.

Hopefully with time, I'll get the hang of all this...

7 comments:

Mike said...

Rules are meant to be followed. Please stay safe.

Aurore said...

I understand the concern about being treated like a whore but I think because you are cautious and perceptive, it's highly unlikely that you are going to meet a guy who actually thinks you're a whore. That's the problem with owning your sexuality as a woman, so many people (men and women) aren't evolved enough to get past the double standard.

It is your choice and at the slightest feeling of discomfort you have the right to walk away and from experience, you should.

Good luck with your new prospect, I hope that you get everything you deserve ;)

I.R. Shackleford said...

a woman should NEVER be treated like a whore. don't get me wrong, some women like to be called a bitch and told what to do but they should NEVER be treated poorly. i have little to no tolerance for such things. Link sounds like the right combination.

do keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I am curious to see his writings. Please post....

Leon1234 said...

Hey, how is it going?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you won't meet any misogynistic assholes. I would hope that they'd give some clue via email or IM before you meet them.

Shack, I need to move more quickly - you keep scooping me. I have no tolerance for such things either. I'm not a violent guy, but I recently had the thought that someone needed to have some manners beaten into them for this very reason.

Anonymous said...

You bring up an annoying double standard between men and women. If a man views you as a whore because of the way in which you found each other, well, ahem, didn't they find YOU in the exact same fashion? Frustrating. Anyway, I'd be proud of owning your sexuality. Men who look down upon for you for doing so are easily disposed of and you're better off for it.

I came across this blog and read your description. I have to say that it was very interesting to me because for the few months of my life during which I perused the dating sites and met people via an online source, my life changed dramatically too. Not in a good way really, but it's different for everyone. Looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures - it's a strange world out there.

~YLS