Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fantasies


So I've been courted on a few different fronts of late.

You've heard about "The Couple" - that seems to have slowed down a bit. I think my reluctance to jump in with both feet has caused a bit of a cooling off period. While I am fairly certain that I could heat things up again with a bit of effort, I need to take the time to consider whether I really want to do so.

Then there's Ike- someone who could charm his way into my pants without breaking a sweat.
A charming lad who says all the right things and has managed, without even trying, to get me hot and wet with simply a few lines of facebook chat. I confess, it's my own insecurities that make me wonder whether he's simply trying to "collect" me as one of the women in his list, and doesn't actually intend to follow through with any of it. Apparently though, we're meeting this weekend.

And finally there's Hamlet. Sweet, kind, with nary a sexual innuendo in his messages. We've been messaging for months now, and have finally settled on a very casual meeting date in two weeks. I don't know whether to be relieved, or concerned that my charms are so easily put off.

The blatant differences between the three men are actually laughable. I kind of feel like I have some sort of dissociative disorder being attracted to such a bizarre range of personalities.

It got me considering the possibility of keeping them all, and what separate compartments I would place them into.

The Couple I suppose would fit into "the lover" category. Straight sex, flirting and seduction. And while I have no doubt that they are an intelligent, interesting couple who would be worth spending time with outside of the bedroom...I can't envision us becoming bff's.

Hamlet? "The boyfriend." I've attempted to insert some subtly risqué comments into our communications, but he chose to not run with it. Perhaps speaking of Beltane rituals was outside of his comfort zone? However, I absolutely adore talking to him, and am positively panting to see if there's anything there that's a bit less cerebral and more physical...

And Ike? I suppose he would fit into the "friends with benefits" category. The alarming rate that he "friends" seductively posed women on facebook implies to me that he perhaps isn't looking for something exclusive with me. However, he's funny and delightful - so I can see us having a hot romp, then giggling and watching movies every once in a while.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if life could in fact contain people in all these categories without the addition of feelings and other such complications? I don't know how some of you manage to balance it all. I have absolutely no doubt that a life containing all these people would make me blissfully happy for about 5 minutes, then would blow up (messily) all over me.

I think that's why the goddess invented fantasies.

3 comments:

The Panserbjørne said...

This is why some women in history have kept a stable of men -- because each one brings something unique or interesting to the table. Why should a Duchess settle for anything different? Keep them around if they meet your needs; if not, then find another one that does. :)

I kid, but only a little bit. What's wrong with having it all?

-- PB

Topaz said...

The cliche 'Variety is the spice of life' rings true! Keeping them all to suite different needs can keep a girl satisfied, but you're right, it only works if you can compartmentalize the feelings along with the satisfaction :-)

Anonymous said...

A veritable smorgasbord...you deserve nothing less.

xx